Which day: Friday, March 22, 2013
When: 7 to 9 pm
Where: UBC Student Union Building Room 206
Hey y'all! We're nearing the end of our first year and I can't wait. Before I get into the deets for our last tasting, we are indeed holding elections for the next year. So if you're interested, e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and show up this Friday at 6PM instead of the usual 7PM. Let us know if you have any questions about any of the positions. Furthermore, a lot of things are still malleable or overlap-able: things and positions will change throughout the year, and we'll let y'all know if they do. We also enjoy input!
Positions open to members:
- master of all
- Initiate and take minutes for meetings.
- Responsible for telling me that I can't have expensive wine.
- In charge of sponsorships and perhaps club collaborations.
- In charge of alcohol licensing for events; must be present at all events.
Positions open to anyone:
- Behind the camera. Upload the pictures of us having fun on Facebook. Master of our twitter feed!
Wine Expert (Several positions open)
- It's important to get some input on the wines that you guys want to try. Discuss ideas with me, and perhaps help lead tastings!
- In charge of promotions and advertising.
- Graphic Designer
Social Events Co-ordinator
- In charge of external events for the club (e.g. our trip to Lulu Island Winery in the fall)
Perhaps you just want to help out
- so let us know :) Extra hands are always helpful.
SO, OUR LAST TASTING. Sad. Oh well, though.
The theme is somewhat of a spring sort of feeling. Fresh, vibrant, beach wines that you can enjoy under the sun. I mean it just hailed like twice in the past hour anyways, and it's nice to have some sunshine in a glass. Why not? Let's end our last tasting of the year with a bang! Maybe like a modest bang, though, like a single firecracker, or like a water balloon that anticlimactically doesn't explode at first. I drink too mdfuvch
As per usual, the entrance fee is 7 dollars for non-members, and entry is free for members. SEE Y'ALL THERE!
There are a limited number of spots to our room, so RSVP via the email we sent (priority given to members).
Some important info for this Friday:
- PLEASE bring 2 pieces of government issued ID (You must be 19)! One MUST have your picture on it (passport, driver's licence, etc.), and the other needs to have your name imprinted (care card, credit/debit card etc). Note that UBC student cards do not legally count. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
- The tasting is this Friday at 7PM, in room 206 of the SUB!
- Make sure you guys have something to eat before/during the tasting. Drinking on an empty stomach leads to bad times.